“No justice, no peace.” Stephon Clark’s mother comments on DA’s decision 3/4/2019

The Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert is expected to announcing her decision in the review of the officer-involved shooting death of Stephon Clark today. Se’Quette Clark, the mother of Stephon Clark, says she spoke with the district attorney in a private meeting on Saturday, March 2 – prior to the noon announcement of the release of the findings in the shooting death of Stephon Clark in 2018. The decision the DA is about to make was what she expected but not what she had hoped for, Mrs. Clark said. “No justice, no peace,” Clark said when asked what should happen next. Follow the District Attorney’s findings here: https://bit.ly/2Het1Fp

Little Queen gets her African locks up rooted by day care worker 3/4/2019

Monday, March 4, 2019

3-year-old girl got her braid ripped

3-year old Ariana Reddick

Oswego, IL — The parents of Ariana Reddick, a 3-year old girl from Illinois, are outraged after a daycare worker allegedly pulled a braid from their daughter, ripping it from her head. They have since filed a police report against the center and talked to the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services. Robin Reddick, the mother of Ariana, said she received a call from KinderCare Learning Center, where she dropped her daughter off on Tuesday last week, saying that something happened to her daughter but it was not an emergency.

But when she went to the daycare to pick up Ariana on that day, she found that her braid appeared to have been ripped from her head.

“It looked very painful,” Reddick told NBC News. “I can see hair follicles of her hair.”

Ariana’s teacher told her that they allegedly noticed the missing braids after nap time.

She and her husband took Ariana to the doctor, who told them that a high level of force has been used to be able to result in that damage.

Meanwhile, the daycare did not comment about the incident but stated that they immediately reached out to the family when they noticed the missing braid.

“Although no injury occurred, we also reported the incident to state licensing, so that they may look into the matter for themselves, if they so choose,” the statement read.

Venezuela Is Starving to death.Once a rich country and after adopting socialism ,this happened!!! America want to adopt Socialism as well 3/4/2019

Once South America’s richest country, Venezuela implemented a socialist agenda.

Now people are starving to death.

Venezuela’s inflation, estimated by the International Monetary Fund to reach 720% in 2017, is the highest in the world. The economy has shrunk 27% since 2013, according to local investment bank Torino Capital; imports of food have plummeted 70%.

Huge numbers of Venezuelans are bringing their children as they rummage through garbage for food; farm crops are routinely stolen; groceries are looted. As The Wall Street Journal notes, things have become so dire that families padlock their refrigerators.

According to the National Poll of Living Conditions, 75% of Venezuelans said they had lost an average of 19 pounds last year. As a result, riots have erupted; by last Friday, more than 35 people had been reported killed.

Livia Machado, a physician and child malnutrition expert, said there has been a marked upswing in emaciated infants brought to the Domingo Luciani Hospital in Caracas. A recent study from the Catholic charity Caritas of 800 children under the age of 5 in Yare and three other communities showed that in February nearly 11% could die from severe acute malnutrition.

Meanwhile, government officials will not permit food and aid to be imported. 90% of homes in the country could not afford food to feed their residents.

As Juan Carlos Hidalgo wrote roughly one year ago:

During the course of a decade and a half, the government received nearly $1 trillion in oil revenues— the equivalent in today’s money of more than seven Marshall Plans. This was enough to mask the effect of hundreds of expropriations, stifling economic controls, and otherwise running the private economy into the ground. Part of the windfall was spent on social programs, which temporarily improved some social indicators and made the regime popular among poor Venezuelans.

But a couple of years ago, the then minister of education admitted that the aim of the regime’s policies was “not to take the people out of poverty so they become middle class and then turn into escuálidos” (a derogatory term to denote opposition members). In other words, the government wanted grateful, dependent voters, not prosperous Venezuelans. What defenders of the Bolivarian revolution have seldom acknowledged is that a significant portion of the oil revenues was simply stolen. It is difficult to specify an exact figure thanks to the government’s opaque finances, but two former ministers-turned-critics claim that it amounts to $300bn— an estimate consistent with independent analysis.

A Florence man got a Jake The Snake sleeper hold applied on him by police 3/4/2019

.

FLORENCE COUNTY, S.C. (WPDE) — Members of the National Action Network said they won’t give up until justice is served in an investigation involving allegations of excessive force by two Florence County deputies as they were arresting a man earlier this month in Florence.

The group held a news conference Wednesday outside the Florence County Sheriff’s Office. They held signs saying, “No Justice No peace.” The group is advocating for 34-year-old Tyler Fleming.

Fleming said he was assaulted by two deputies at a store two weeks ago on East Palmetto Street in Florence.

Two people said they witnessed the entire incident and can’t understand why deputies had Fleming pinned to the ground in what appeared to be a choke hold while in handcuffs.

Fleming said all he did was ask a deputy for a ride to Mullins.

Elder James Johnson with the National Action Network said he is upset that the two witnesses haven’t been interviewed by an investigator assigned to look into the allegations. James said he is also very upset the two deputies involved in the incident are still working and haven’t been placed on suspension pending the outcome of the investigation.

The two witnesses, along with several others, expressed their frustrations with the investigation. The group is asking to meet with Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone about their concerns.

“We tried to meet with him. To communicate with him by phone. He refused to call my office back. This led me to believe that he don’t want to resolve this problem. And I want to send a strong message to him that choking Mr. Tyler will not go away. Not one bit. So, I would like to sit down and talk with Mr. Kenney Boone about the two officers,” said Johnson.

Sheriff Boone said a special investigator was assigned to the case from the day the allegations surfaced.

In a statement, Boone said, “While being detained for further questioning, the subject refused to follow reasonable verbal instructions and resisted officer’s attempts to properly detain him, forcing the officer to take the subject to the ground. “

Fleming is being represented by attorney Cheveron T. Scott.

Scott said, “Tyler is in good spirits and looks forward to his day in court on these criminal charges but more importantly, he would like to do whatever he can to make sure that this does not happen to another human being.”

https://wpde.com/news/local/no-justice-no-peace-group-wants-action-in-police-brutality-case

Police Officer cam was turned off before a man was handed a beat down 3/4/2019

DeSoto police officers accused of brutalizing a family after a 911 call last August either did not activate their body cameras or wear them during some of the most heated moments, according to police officials and footage obtained by The Dallas Morning News.

The lapses ran afoul of the Dallas suburb’s policies requiring officers to wear cameras and keep them running during most encounters with the public, police chief Joseph Costa acknowledged in an interview.

His confirmation comes after The News obtained the officers’ body camera footage through Texas’ open records law and compared it to a dashcam video released last year. Since that time, the chief had maintained his officers did nothing wrong.

The Dallas County district attorney’s office, meanwhile, will be investigating the family’s allegations of brutality, a spokeswoman told The News. The decision was made last week following a meeting with the family.

Sammie Anderson with her sons: Sam Bible, left; Tyrone Anderson, third from left; and Grant Bible.  Not shown: Matt Bateman.(Brandon Wade/Special Contributor)
Sammie Anderson with her sons: Sam Bible, left; Tyrone Anderson, third from left; and Grant Bible.  Not shown: Matt Bateman. (Brandon Wade/Special Contributor)

The dashcam captured six DeSoto officers responding to the home of Sammie Anderson on Aug. 7 after she asked a friend to call for help in breaking up an argument between her two oldest sons. The caller suggested someone was wielding a weapon, but by the time police arrived the dispute was over. Police tackled Anderson and Tased one of her adult sons, who had already complied with orders to lie on the ground and appeared to be no threat.

Because the dashcam footage was shot from a distance, it was difficult to identify which of the five officers surrounding the man Tased him, and how many times, among other details.

By syncing footage from the separate videos, The News found that three officers’ cameras were dark during the Tasing. The department’s policy says officers should activate their cameras before arriving at scenes.

A fourth cop’s camera caught only blurry images. A fifth’s was too far away. And a sixth officer at the scene didn’t wear one, Costa said.

Warning: this video includes images of violence and strong language. It has been edited for length and clarity and to remove personal information such as birth dates

14-year-old girl missing from Northeast DC 3/4/2019

WASHINGTON (ABC7) — Police are searching for a missing 14-year-old who was last seen in Northeast on Feb. 25.

Jayla Johnson’s last known location is the 500 block of 19th Street in DC. She is a 5-foot-8, 130-pound black female with a medium complexion, brown dreadlocks and brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing a black hoodie, pink Helly Hansen jacket, blue jeans and tan Timberland boots.

MISSING: 15-year-old from SE DC 3/4/2019

Mariaha is described by police as a black female, with a medium complexion, 5’6” in height, 130 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

WASHINGTON — Police need help locating a missing 15-year-old girl from Southeast, D.C.

Mariaha Shalin Greene was last seen in the 1800 block of 28th Place SE on Monday, Feb. 18, 2019. Police say she was reported missing on Thursday. 

Mariaha is described by police as a black female, with a medium complexion, 5’6” in height, 130 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and black pants.